Monday, 17 January 2011

QLD flood relief Bear Auction



Late last Tuesday night I was woken by a small nudging. Thinking at first that it was Turtle up to her old 2am love ins and tried to ignore it, but it got more persistent and then was following by " Excuse me Jess". Knowing that as clever as my cat is, I didn't think she had suddenly found the ability to talk, so I turned the light on and found Colin standing on my tummy with his bright little eyes gleaming with quiet determination. "Excuse me Jess, but there is something very much on my mind. What I would like most in the world in to be auctioned off for those terribly heartbreaking and devastating floods in QLD"
It was funny I told him, as I had been feeling exactly the same thing, and while only tiny, it was something we both could do to contribute.
Colin is a fully jointed "traditional old style" bear, made from mohair that's been dyed ( 6 times!) and is fully jointed. He has been extensively aged to give him an old look. He is stuffed with a mixture of excelsior, cotton and plastic beads and has glass eyes. He measures 13" tall.

And he is inspired by my old steiff bear Gus.

And lastly Colin has a very special spot in my heart, which I think makes it most fitting that he be auctioned here for part of the Flood Relief.

So onto the Auction!! the "rules" are as follows:

1) All proceeds of this auction are to go to the QLD Flood relief.

2) Bidding will start at $30 (aussie) and run from now until Monday 24th of January at 9pm.

3) Bidding will be in whole dollar amounts, and done in the comments section please put your email and bid amount.

4) I will cover the postage. ( to anywhere in the world)

5) The winning bidder will be contacted by me via email after the auction is over and will confirm final bid. You'll then need to pay the final bid amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and the forward me back the email receipt confirmation and number back to me. Once you've done that, Colin will be posted off to you.

Before I go a big thank you to Toni for all her amazing organization and work. So with no further a do, the Auction is now open!!


20 comments:

Selina said...

Oh Colin, I love you so much, though I know my meager amount will soon be outbid. Kicking it off with $50. Love ya guts too Jess!

Jodie said...

$80 .
Colin you are a bear of oustanding character.

74 Lime Lane said...

I heart Colin.

$90

Tania said...

$100.

Colin is a heartbreaker.

Liesl said...

Colin, Colin ... will you be mine for $110?

Kate said...

Oh Colin, how divine are you!
You are pretty awesome too mIss Jess.
Love your work. XX

fuzziteddybear said...

Colin you are just the cutest!!! I bid $130 as there are lots of fuzzi friends living here that would love you to live here too and be their friends. (I hope this gets through though cos I am new at this bloggy thing!!!). :)

Catherine said...

ah Colin! if only I hadn't gambled away all my money on raffly giveaways... I'm glad you're attracting some serious attention, though!

yardage girl said...

$140 - Colin ... please be mine!
Jess - you make the best bears in the world. No exaggeration. Nic x

AMM said...

I'll bid $150.00. Colin will be a treasured companion for a new member of my extended family.

Andrea

make it perfect said...

Ooh, I LOVE Colin! Way to go bear :)

Tania said...

I can't help it. And if I won I'd probably have to forsake yarn for a while. But...$165 (All those round figures were driving me nuts).

AMM said...

I'll bid $170.00

Adnrea

Unique Boutique said...

gorgeous - perfect for the nursery I am planning for baby number 4 - $180 x

Tania said...

$190. At this rate I shall be upcycling yarn from Op Shop jumpers...

Unique Boutique said...

oh colin - $210 xx

Tania said...

Cripes. In for a dime, in for a dollar...

$230.

Tania said...

Dear Colin (and Jess)

Please know that all at chez Myrtle and Eunice (even the Mr who fainted slightly when I informed him of our auction win), think that you are the sweetest of all bears and are chuffed to bits that you are coming to live here. Do you prefer to sleep on a firm or a soft mattress?

Kind regards

Tania

Kate said...

Hooray for Colin and Jess and Tania!
Something tells me Colin is going to live a very happy ever after. X

Jodie said...

Colin , you are a lucky bear, and Miss Tania is a very lucky human.